From Cleopatra to Christopher Columbus, some of history’s most famous figures relied on Aloe Vera for its healing properties. Sometimes referred to as the “burn plant,” “lily of the desert” or the “wonder plant,” Aloe Vera likely originated in the Sudan.
Ancient civilizations eventually brought the plant to the Mediterranean region and other warm climates around the world.
- 2100 BC – A record of Aloe Vera’s benefits appear on a Mesopotamian tablet.
- 1550 BC – A description of Aloe Vera’s medicinal purposes is documented. An Egyptian text details how to use Aloe Vera for both internal and external symptoms.
- 70 AD – The Greeks use Aloe Vera to treat wounds, hair loss and other issues.
- 1655 – First mention of Aloe Vera in the English language; John Goodyew translates Dioscorides’ Medical treatise De Materia Medica.
- 1820 – The U.S. Pharmacopeia says Aloe Vera can be used to protect the skin.
- 1930s – Aloe Vera is used to treat radiation dermatitis.
- Today – Aloe Vera is commonly used in many countries for topical and internal uses.
We deliver Aloe Vera Westcoast product orders to any postal address or door-to-door in South Africa.
Aloe Vera Westcoast orders carry the best-priced shipping charge.
We accept international orders and will quote the best shipping pricing to send.
We focus on the South African market and are able to accept and send international orders aswell.
Here are 8 health benefits of Aloe Vera that are supported by science.
1. Aloe Vera Contains Bioactive Compounds That Can Improve Health
Aloe Vera is a thick, short-stemmed plant that stores water in its leaves. It is widely used in the cosmetic, pharmaceutical and food industries, and is well recognized by its thick, pointed and fleshy green leaves, which can grow to about 12-19 inches (30-50 cm) in length.
2. Aloe Vera Has Potent Antioxidant and Antibacterial Properties
Antioxidants are important for health. Aloe Vera gel contains powerful antioxidants, which belong to a large family of substances known as polyphenols. These polyphenols, along with several other compounds in Aloe Vera, can help inhibit the growth of certain bacteria that can cause infections in humans.
Bottom Line: Aloe Vera contains various powerful antioxidant compounds. Some of these compounds can help inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria.
3. Aloe Vera Accelerates The Healing of Burns
Aloe Vera is most commonly used as a topical medication, rubbed onto the skin rather than eaten. It has long been known as a treatment for sores, particularly burns, including sunburns.
In fact, the FDA first approved Aloe Vera ointment as an over-the-counter medication for skin burns back in 1959. Studies suggest that it is an effective topical treatment for first- and second-degree burns.
Bottom Line: Applying Aloe Vera to burn wounds appears to accelerate the healing process. The evidence is inconclusive for other wound types.
4. Pure Aloe Vera Juice Reduces Dental Plaque as Effectively as Mouthwash
Tooth decay and diseases of the gum are very common health problems. One of the best ways to prevent this from happening is to reduce the buildup of plaque (bacterial biofilms) on the teeth.
In a mouth rinse study of 300 healthy people, 100% pure Aloe Vera juice was compared to the standard mouthwash ingredient chlorhexidine. After 4 days of Aloe Vera juice use, the Aloe Vera mouth rinse was found to be just as effective as chlorhexidine in reducing dental plaque.
Bottom Line: When used as a mouth rinse, pure Aloe Vera juice is just as effective at reducing dental plaque buildup as regular mouthwash.
5. Aloe Vera Can be Used to Treat Mouth Ulcers (Canker Sores)
Many people have experienced mouth ulcers, or canker sores, at some point in their lives. They usually form underneath the lip, inside the mouth, and last for about 7-10 days. Studies have convincingly shown that Aloe vera treatment can accelerate the healing of mouth ulcers.
Bottom Line: Application of Aloe vera, either as a patch or gel, has been shown to aid in the recovery of mouth ulcers (canker sores).
6. Aloe Vera Can Help Treat Constipation
Aloe Vera has often be used to treat constipation. The key compound responsible for this effect is called aloin, or barbaloin, which has well-established laxative effects.
Bottom Line: Aloe Vera has strong laxative effects, making it useful to treat constipation.
7. Aloe Vera May Improve Skin Elasticity and Help Prevent Wrinkles
There is some preliminary evidence that topical Aloe vera gel can slow aging of the skin. In one study of 30 women over the age of 45, the topical application of the gel was shown to increase collagen production and improve skin elasticity over a 90-day period.
Bottom Line: Early evidence suggests that Aloe Vera may have anti-aging effects on the skin, but more research is needed.
8. Aloe Vera May Lower Blood Sugar Levels in Diabetics
Aloe Vera has sometimes been used as a traditional diabetes remedy. It is said to enhance insulin sensitivity and help improve blood sugar management. Several animal and human studies in type 2 diabetics have actually found promising results from consuming Aloe vera extract.
7 Day, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
All shipments are carefully inspected before they are dispatched. If for some unforeseen circumstance, you are not happy with the product you have purchased the following terms will apply:
- We accept returns within 7 days of receipt of your shipment.
- Please contact the Sales Consultant to inform them of your dissatisfaction.
Clearly state the below references in the email:
- Invoice Number
- Waybill Number
- Customer Number
- Product Code
- Date of Manufacture
- Batch Number
- Reason for return
Product should be in its original packaging, unused and undamaged, and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable),
- Confirm the shipping address with the Sales consultant, where you can send the item(s), where the costs thereof will be borne by you.
- Correspond the waybill details for traceability.
- A refund will only be issued once we have received the product(s) and determined the reason.
- Credit will be added to your account however should you prefer a refund it will be done by EFT.
- Except as otherwise provided herein, any and all costs associated with the return, or otherwise, shall be borne solely by Buyer. The refund amount will only be that of the products in question.
Should a product be damaged, incorrect or manufacturing defect please notify us within 48 hours of such delivery.
- We will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge.
- Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice replace the product as soon as possible or credit your account with the purchase price of the product (or refund you if that is your preference).
NO REFUNDS on perishable goods. This includes any/all ORGANIC (Non-Preserved) ingredients/products.